THIS IS WHAT THE CARE SYMBOLS MEAN
Of course, we want you to have fun and enjoy your Oui clothes for as long as possible. That's why proper care comes first. The care symbols on the label explain how each garment should be washed, ironed or dried. We want to show you what these care instructions mean and how you can best care for your favourite Oui item.
Care symbol bucket
We focus on long-term and loyal cooperation and share the same values of social and ecological responsibility. That is why we trust them 100 per cent.
1. the care symbol "bucket" covers the entire washing area and also gives you all the important information about the wash and spin cycle.
2. bucket with number: This is the maximum temperature at which the garment may be washed. 3. bucket with number & bar: This is the maximum temperature at which the garment may be washed.
3. bucket with number & bar: Here you have to pay attention to both the maximum temperature and the spin speed. A bar under the bucket means gentle cycle.
4. bucket with number & two bars: wash in special cycle with maximum temperature.
5. bucket with hand: Only hand wash is recommended.
6. bucket with a line through it: the garment should not be washed here.
Care symbol triangle
Second on the label is the triangular symbol for bleach. This refers mainly to the ingredients and formulation of your detergent. Since this often contains brighteners that are good for white clothes but rather unsuitable for coloured textiles, special attention should be paid here.
1. empty triangle: bleaching allowed
2. triangle with a line through it: bleaching is not recommended.
3. triangle with the letters "CL": bleaching with chlorine
4. triangle with two stripes: Bleaching with oxygen
Care symbol square
The square symbol tells you how to dry your laundry. A distinction is made between machine drying and air drying. Lines within the square mean that the material should dry naturally in the air. Vertical lines mean drying on the clothesline.
1. square with empty circle: drying in the dryer possible
2. square with circle and dot: drying in gentle programme at low temperature.
3. square with circle and two dots: Drying in the standard programme
4. square with three vertical stripes: clothes should be dried dripping wet
5. square with three vertical stripes and two diagonal stripes: drip-dry in the shade
6. square with diagonal stripes: Textile does not tolerate direct sunlight
7. square with horizontal line and diagonal lines: Dry lying down in the shade
8. square with horizontal lines: textiles should be dried lying down.
9. square with two diagonal lines and a semicircle at the top: Dry on the line in the shade
10. square with semicircle: drying on the line
11. crossed-out square: clothes must not be dried by machine.
Care symbol Iron
The fourth symbol is relatively self-explanatory - the iron. However, here you also have to pay attention to the signs in the symbol, which are crucial for care.
1. empty iron: Ironing possible
2. iron with one point: ironing at a maximum of 110 degrees Celsius without steam.
3. iron with two points: Ironing at a maximum of 150 degrees Celsius without steam
4. iron with three points: Ironing at a maximum of 200 degrees Celsius without steam. 5.
5. iron with a cross through it: Ironing is not recommended
6. iron with steam crossed out: ironing without steam.
Care symbol circle
This is the care symbol for dry cleaning. Some textiles cannot be washed at home, but must be professionally treated in a laundry. Here, solvents are often used instead of water to remove stains from even the most delicate fabrics.
1. empty circle: dry cleaning possible
2. crossed out empty circle: No professional dry cleaning.
3. circle with W: Professional wet cleaning
4. circle with W and one bar: Gentle, professional wet cleaning
5. circle with W and two bars: Very gentle, professional wet cleaning
6. circle with P: Dry cleaning with perchloroethylene
7. circle with P and one bar: Gentle dry cleaning with perchloroethylene
8. circle with P and two bars: very gentle dry cleaning with perchloroethylene
9. circle with F: Dry cleaning with hydrocarbons
10. circle with F and one bar: gentle dry cleaning with hydrocarbons
11. circle with F and two bars: Very gentle dry cleaning with hydrocarbons.
CARE SYMBOLS TABLE
Here you can get an overview of all the care symbols and download the table.